Tuesday, December 9, 2008

shameless fest 2008







mini mosh pit





So this spring I had a concert, well I hosted a concert, because I don't have a band. I was supposed to do a senior project that was for the better of the community so I held this concert and called it Shameless Fest, it was a rock/punk/rap show, we had it all. Admission was a can of food and we donated it all to homeless people.







The first band to go up was local, just a couple friends of mine who knew how to play songs and sing. I was surprised at how well they had their shit together actually.












Second band up was from Pullman, Squarezero. I knew they're guitar player from a school I went to a few years before, they were awesome. They had a few songs of their own and played a couple cover songs like "fortunate son" and "hey joe". I was super stoked.










Third band was a group of kids from cheweelah, Shooting Blanks. I had known their drummer and his brother for quite a few years and we were pretty good friends. They were amazing, probably one of the best shows of the night, they played for well over and hour and still had songs to go. They did a lot of blink-182 covers, but also had a lot of songs of their own.







Up next was the most hardcore band of the night, Hypochrist was a canadian punk/thrash band that I had seen a couple times. I knew the members through my ex-girlfriend and from random run ins at the skatepark. They definately ripped, they played harder, faster and in true punk style, drunker than anyone that night.









Finally was the group most everyone came to see, 2Twisted, these local small town rappers knew how to rhym, and with a whole knew album of songs to spit at the crowd they definately kept everyone entertained.
















As the night grew on though it began to rain, I thought people would start heading home, but they just kept packing in and the rain made for a better show because pepole packed right up to the stage. in the end it was a good show for a good cause and ended up making a decent photo story too.

No comments: